Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thing 14: Wiki

I currently use a Google wiki: http://sites.google.com/site/rbnationalboard/?pli=1

I tried to use WetPaint and other wiki sources but found that a lot of the RB email recipients weren't getting the invitation. I didn't want the site to be public because I used it for my National Board Certification group and they post their portfolio drafts on there. If a public person were to have access they could very easily steal their ideas. Google seemed to go through the best, and they had no ads which made formatting easier. On one of the earlier sites I tried I couldn't do a calendar on my page because Friday and Saturday were cut off by ads. :(
I didn't do a new wiki; Alicia said I could just post my current one.
I use it A TON! My National Board group post things regularly and I'm starting one for next year's classes. At first I thought it wasn't necessary this year because we had the new addition of Skyward, but now that I see what Skyward is really like, I'd prefer the wiki option.

No comments:

Post a Comment